The deadline to receive bids for ASAF Youth Sailing Cup, ASAF Sailing Cup, ASAF Keelboat Cup and ASAF Match Racing Cup for the year 2018 will be 1st Jun 2017.
The following are the steps to follow in order to bid for an ASAF event: ASAF Youth Sailing Cup, ASAF Sailing Cup, ASAF Keelboat Cup and ASAF Match Racing Cup.
- Download the BID cum Contract document from the link below.
Read the relevant ASAF Conditions, the ASAF Events Manual and the application itself and contact us if you have any doubt about their contents. These documents are the 'contract' with ASAF with regards to the organisation of the event.
- The ASAF Event Organisation Manual contains the Conditions for the ASAF Cups (the last two are complimentary). The conditions are the rules governing the ASAF events and apply for organisers and participants as well.
- The ASAF Event Organisation Manual also contains explanations of the rules in the Conditions and pieces of advice regarding the organisation of ASAF events, from the moment you apply up to the end of the event itself.
- Fill in the application form and return to us before the deadline indicated above.
- Once the application has been received by the ASAF Secretariat the Executive Committee analyses it and will contact you if they have any doubt.
- Presentation before the AGM: This is not compulsory but it is highly recommended. Somebody from the 'Bidding' Committee should travel to the venue of the ASAF Annual General Meeting and present the proposal at the relevant meeting. It is advisable that this person is somebody in authority and with sound knowledge of the proposal. Representatives will ask questions and the more accurate the answers are the more possibilities you have of a successful bid.
Please note the following:
- The application has to be endorsed by the MNA as well as by the host Club. By signing the application you agree to the terms and conditions in the ASAF Event Organisation Manual Handbook.
- (only if you are selected as the venue) The Notice of Race and the Sailing Instructions are prepared by the ASAF Technical Advisory Panel and the ASAF Events Committee based on ASAF templates. Please note that you will be required to fill in with local information.
- The members of the Jury are nominated by the ASAF Executive Committee and the Technical Advisory Panel in consultation with the organisers.
If you are interested in hosting an ASAF event please send us a email at email@example.com
|ASAF Event Bid Form and Contract|